Monday, December 26, 2011

Smaller Government

What are these people talking about when they talk about smaller gov't. They want to be able to do as they please without govt intervention. They want more personal responsibility.

Let us remember, slavery was ended in 1865 and for the next 100 years blacks were discriminated against and it took gov't to make a social change. Prior to 1965 when gov't was smaller, whites discriminated against blacks at will. Now that white people own 99.9% of business and the means of living they want to talk about, smaller gov't again. It was gov't that was the only thing that was big enough to make states desegregate schools. Because whites refused to let blacks go to the school of their choice. It was gov't that was the only entity big enough to make business give a black man a job or an equal oppritunity and they didn't want to do that. It was gov't that made some states give blacks the "right" to vote and they are still trying to take away minority voting rights. It was gov't that had to ensure public accommodations, and we are still removing white only signs. It took gov't to ensure that a black man recieved fair treatment under the law. And no-one can tell you that to this day that, discrimination, racial prejudice and bigotry is gone, so whites continue to discriminate to this day. A black man wasn't "allowed" to buy a house that he could afford. He had to buy what a white man would sell him. And it was overpriced and under-insured, and it was gov't that could enact fair housing regulations. And still as blacks move into neighborhoods that they could afford, white flight was still the order of the day. White's still want to discriminate in public access, schools, housing, jobs. There is discrimination in criminal justice, school sanctions, medicine, voting, housing and jobs. And I wonder, if you had less gov't, how much more discrimination would there be.

So what I hear when I hear about smaller govt. I hear a white man saying I want to live where I want without having to live next to blacks or Mexicans, I want to decide for myself without gov't intervention who to hire at my business cause I don't want to hire blacks if i don't want to. I want to have a business and have whom I want as a customer, I don't want to serve blacks if I don't want too. And gov't shouldn't be able to intervene into my associations to say who I must certify, whom can get into my business area. So to hell with smaller gov't, lets keep it the way it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment